DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH 2012 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30 .PM.
Councillors Brown, Edmonds, Lewis, Hytten Towell, 2members of the public, Parish Clerk,
Cllr Mrs Lazaruk
PUBLIC SESSION (SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS)
- Street Lamp at Church Piece.
- Contractors will charge £150.00 to inspect light. EDF have been informed that the light is inoperative. Cllr Edmonds informed the Parish council that street lighting was one of their formal responsibilities.
- The branches at Church Piece will not be cut by AVDC. British Telecom will trim branches if they interfere with telephone wires.
- Village Hall indicator sign. The Village Hall Management Committee will meet on 1st October and discuss possibilities. A Brown indicator sign will cost £ 500.00
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES JULY 16TH 2012
Cllr Edmonds pointed out he had been absent. Proposed Cllr Edmonds seconded Cllr Hytten. Agreed as a true record.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Red Telephone Box. The Chairman reported that he had located a George VI telephone box in Sussex that could be purchased and moved to Chearsley. BT has released 2,000 telephone boxes for restoration.
- PLANNNING APPLICATIONS
Grove Farm, Chearsley Road - copies of plans and comments have been requested. The Parish council has requested an explanation as to why they were not included in consultation. There was no site visit, and repairs to damage to verges opposite the entrance have still not been carried out. Temporary signage has been put on roadside, but there is still the problem of access on the bend of a road with a 60 mph speed limit.
Chearsley Hill House extension – permitted
4 Old Plough Close – permitted
Trimming of overhanging Branches Matravers House –passed
Regency Cottage Watts Green structural repairs- no objection
- VILLAGE PLAN
The next Steering Group meeting to be arranged.
- HIGHWAYS AND OPEN AREAS
Jubilee Chestnut Tree- location to be decided.
Best kept Village. Chearsley received a commendation from BALC.
Village walk with Dave Smith of Highways
Various matters discussed including traffic calming , one way system outside shop (which would cost £ 5000.00), installation of a mirror opposite dangerous exit by Prospect Cottage.
The possibility of a blanket 20 mph limit in the lanes is being investigated.
Junction markings will be replaced on all entrances to the main road, and round the Green.
Broken bollards will be replaced.
Traffic Calming signs from LAF grant- next agenda.
Thames Water works have finished and they have undertaken to make good damage to verges.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
Review of LAFS
Aylesbury Vale Housing Trust contacts
Rural services network newsletter
Bucks Playing Fields Newsletter
Community Impact Bucks
AVALC Meeting 27TH September
SUMMARY AND SUSPENSION OF STANDING ORDERS
- Potholes have been reported on Road to Cuddington. This is a matter for Thames Water
- Walnut Tree has been trimmed by telephone Box.
- Distribution of new refuse bins has been completed.
DATES AND TIMES OF NEXT MEETINGS
September 12th 2012
October 15th 2012
Meeting Closed 9.30 pm