CHEARSLEY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 21st NOVEMBER 2016 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM
Councillors: Nic Brown (NB), John Lewis (JL), Paul Bown (PAB), John Howard (JH), Julia Witcher (JW), Michael Heybrook (MH), Michael Edmonds (ME)
Parish Clerk: Helen Spurgeon
Responsible Finance Officer: Robert Parkes (RP)
Parishioners: There were 4 Parishioners
PARISHIONERS QUESTION TIME
A resident spoke about the building work at The Boot in Watts Green. The parking of related vehicles and lorries has led to the road being blocked on several occasions. Advanced warning by means of a sign would prevent cars from going down there and then getting stuck. ACTION: NB to speak to property owners. CLERK to contact Sue Jones PCSO.
2. APPROVAL OF OCTOBER 2016 MINUTES
Minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by Chairman, Nic Brown.
3. APPROVAL OF EXTRAORDINARY MINUTES
Minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by Chairman, Nic Brown.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no interests declared. It was requested this item go at the start on future Agendas before Parishioners Question Time. ACTION: CLERK to note.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES excluding Village Projects including Highways
· Overhanging hedge. This has now been cut back.
· Dog Bins. These have been ordered. We are still awaiting confirmation of the cost of dog bag dispensers and bags from AVDC before ordering. ACTION: CLERK to inform Councillors of cost.
· AVDC planning portal. Clerk and some Councillors have registered to receive planning alerts. ACTION: remaining Councillors to register.
· AVDC Councillor. ACTION: ME to invite Michael Hawkett to future meetings.
· Village Walkaround. White lines around Village Green have been remarked.
· Provision of Welcome to Chearsley sign. White gates at village entrances have been repainted. ACTION: NB to arrange ordering of new signs.
· Painting of Post Box. Royal Mail will repaint Q1 of the new financial year.
· Pension auto enrolment obligations. ACTION: JL to respond to JE Accountants.
· Bank Mandate forms. ACTION: JH, ME, MH, JW to return to JL.
· Planning process at Committee Meetings. ME ran through the planning process and explained that written reports, verbal reports and speakers all contribute to the decision making process. He assured everyone that the decisions are made by very experienced people. PAB suggested comments be submitted early, well before the Committee Meeting.
· 16/03855/APP – The Old Chapel, Winchendon Road, Chearsley HP18 0DW
Parish Council has submitted no objections to AVDC.
· 16/04170/COUAR – Chearsley Barn, Chilton Rd, Chearsley HP18 0DN
Proposed change of use of agricultural building to a dwellinghouse. JL informed councillors of this new application. ACTION: Councillors to review application and channel comments through NB to report back at next meeting.
· Correspondence from Fenella Tillier requesting Parishioners Question Time at the start and end of meetings and that Correspondence be on the Agenda has been actioned. The Parish Council will not be having a proposer and seconder of proposals as this is not usual practice.
· NB received acknowledgment of his letter to John Bercow MP opposing possible capping of local councils precept increases (at 2% maximum) or a referendum if above.
8. CONTRIBUTIONS FROM AVDC AND BCC COUNCILLORS
It was agreed to invite Margaret Aston (Bucks County Councillor) to future meetings. ACTION: CLERK and ME.
UPDATE ON THE NEW VILLAGE HALL
Antonia Stratford, Chair of Chearsley Village Hall, provided a progress update on the new village hall. She indicated good progress and said that almost £500k has been raised in grants and donations, towards an expected total cost of around £550k. She said that further fund raising will be required to achieve the remaining funds, assisted by a promise of possible additional contributions from Rectory Homes and the Heybrook family dependent on the final revenues secured from the sale of houses.
9. PC GOVERNANCE
Following a meeting with Leif Hytten, it was proposed that a new transparency code compliant Parish website should be created using Hugo Fox. Councillors agreed to this. ACTION: CLERKS to circulate details and agree time schedule.
10. VILLAGE PROJECTS
· Kerbing and Verges. JW has found that most contractors are not interested in doing the work. This project is to be passed to JL with the help of PAB and MH. MH has a contact, FJ Morris, who may be able to help. ACTION: JW to send all relevant correspondence to JL. JH to approach Brian Greene of School Lane to see if he can help.
· Speed in Village and HGVs. 3rd HGV Traffic Watch 25th November 2016. JH reported that he presented the findings of the recent HGV traffic surveys at the TfB Autumn/Winter Conference. JH reported that he is in discussions with Bucks CC regarding a feasibility study for traffic calming measures in Chearsley. The earliest this can be done is April 2017. ACTION: JH to arrange study for April and confirm cost for budget.
· Trees in Village. There is no list of public owned trees in Chearsley. ACTION: ME to identify on a map trees the Parish Council are responsible for. JL to put in the budget for tree surgeons to carry out the work recommended in the report on the wellbeing of the horse chestnut tree.
· Village Green Footpath. It was agreed to let it grow over.
· Grass Cutting. ACTION: CLERK to write to Bucks CC and ask what its responsibility is re. grass verge cutting in Chearsley.
· War Memorial. Councillors agreed to make a pre application to the war memorial trust who will fund up to 75% of the cost (estimated at around £3-4k) of preserving and caring for the war memorial. ACTION: CLERKS to make pre application and report back on cost.
· Village Noticeboard. Installed, locked part of noticeboard is for Parish Council and Church notices. Only drawing pins to be used, no staples.
· Flagpole. New flagpole is now up. Old one to be removed shortly. ACTION: RP to order new flags (Union Jack and St George’s cross).
· Bus Shelter roofs. Need replacing. One option is to replace like for like with felt and baton roof at a cost of £950 + VAT. Second option is to lay new tile batons and slate tiles which have greater longevity at a cost of £1479 + VAT. Councillors are in favour of option 2, subject to funds. This project is on hold until the December budget meeting.
· Railings by bus stop need replacing. ACTION: PAB to explore options and obtain cost estimate for budget.
· Defibrillator. PAB has registered Chearsley PC with the British Heart Foundation who supply grants to cover the cost of a defibrillator. NB is working on the plan to locate the defibrillator in a new red phone box. ACTION: NB to chase BT. JH to contact Angela Gray and Claire Lazaruk with an update.
· Bollards and Signage for Village Green. ACTION: NB to collect ‘No Parking’ signs. CLERK to put bollards on Agenda for next meeting.
11. CHRISTMAS TREE
The Christmas tree arrives 25/11/16, is being erected 26/11/16 and will be lit from 1/12/16. The official lighting up is on 9/12/16 at 6.45pm.
· Orders for Payment - Cheques were issued for those items listed on the Agenda.
· Other - Ideas were discussed for the budget meeting and it was agreed that procurement is the way forward.
13. BCC WORKSHOP COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE LEVY AND SECTION 106 AGREEMENTS
JH has produced a list of Chearsley’s current infrastructure priorities. ACTION: CLERK to submit to BCC.
14. REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS ATTENDING MEETINGS AND OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS
· JH had already updated the meeting on TfB Autumn/Winter conference under Village Projects, HGVs.
· Future of Local Government and Vale of Aylesbury Update Meeting (14.11.16). ACTION: ME to update at next meeting.
15. PARISHIONERS QUESTION TIME
There were no questions.
16. ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
· Town and Parish Clerks Workshop. ACTION: CLERK to attend.
· Working Together for Buckinghamshire Town and Parish Council Conference. No attendance from Councillors.
17. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING in Chearsley Village Hall
· Monday 12th December 2016 at 7.30pm (Budget Meeting)
· Monday 16th January 2017 at 7.30pm (Parish Council Meeting)