CHEARSLEY PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON MONDAY 12th DECEMBER 2016 IN THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM
Councillors: Nic Brown (NB), John Lewis (JL), John Howard (JH), Julia Witcher (JW), Michael Heybrook (MH)
Parish Clerk: Helen Spurgeon
Responsible Finance Officer: Robert Parkes (RP)
Parishioners: There were no Parishioners
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no interests declared.
PARISHIONERS QUESTION TIME
A question was raised regarding the new noticeboard and the fact that it is wet through and there is condensation on the outside of the glass. It was concluded that this is due to the current weather conditions. The lock on the noticeboard is not closing properly. ACTION: NB to organise repair.
Michael Edmonds (ME), Paul Bown (PAB).
2. APPROVAL OF NOVEMBER 2016 MINUTES
Minutes were agreed as a true record and signed by Chairman, Nic Brown.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
· Building work at The Boot, Watts Green. NB and Sue Jones PCSO spoke to the owners/builders and the parking situation has now improved.
· Dog Bins. It was decided not to order the dog bag dispensers due to the high cost.
· AVDC planning portal. Councillors are recommended to register to receive planning alerts.
· AVDC and BCC Councillors. ACTION: ME to invite Michael Hawkett and Margaret Aston to future meetings.
· Provision of Welcome to Chearsley signs. ACTION: NB to present cost and options of sign wording at next meeting.
· Bank Mandate forms. Only one form outstanding (ME). ACTION: JL to submit forms to bank.
· Parish website. Work will commence on the new website in February.
· Kerbing and Verges. MH has contacted J Morris who has provided a quote. JW has heard from FJ Morris who is interested in doing the work. ACTION: JW to send all relevant correspondence to JL.
· Speed in Village. JH is in the process of arranging a feasibility study for traffic calming measures in Chearsley with Bucks CC for April 2017. ACTION: JH to obtain final quote.
· Trees in Village. There is no list of public owned trees in Chearsley. ACTION: ME to identify on a map trees the Parish Council are responsible for.
· Grass Cutting. Chearsley should have 4 cuts within the urban area and 2 outside the village limits. Councillors questioned whether 4 cuts were actually done this year. ACTION: CLERK to email Bucks CC and request the dates for the 2017 cuts.
· War Memorial repair and conservation. The CLERK has emailed the War Memorials Trust. ACTION: CLERK to complete a Grants Pre-application form.
· Flagpole. The new flags (Union Jack and St George’s cross) have arrived.
· Defibrillator. NB is working on the plan to locate the defibrillator in a new red phone box but BT are proving unhelpful. ACTION: NB to chase BT.
· Bollards and Signage for Village Green. The ‘No Parking’ signs need to be put up. ACTION: PAB to ask his contractors to contact NB. ACTION: CLERK to agenda bollards for next meeting.
· Future of Local Government and Vale of Aylesbury Update Meeting (14.11.16). ACTION: ME to update at next meeting.
· 16/04170/COUAR – Chearsley Barn, Chilton Rd, Chearsley HP18 0DN
Councillors would like ME to comment on this Planning Application given his expertise in this area. ACTION: CLERK to email ME the planning document.
· 16/04294/AOP – Grove Farm, Chearsley Rd, Long Crendon
ACTION: Councillors to attend site visit on 16/12/16 at 11am.
There was no correspondence outside the Agenda items.
6. CONTRIBUTIONS FROM AVDC AND BCC COUNCILLORS
There were no AVDC or BCC councillors present.
· Orders for Payment – ACTION: JW to raise receipt for the Christmas tree.
· Budget and Precept for 2017/18
o The RFO, Chairman and Vice-Chairman had met on 6/12/16 to produce a finance report, spending out-turn spreadsheet and budget proposals for 2017/18.
o The PC considered these reports and discussed essential regular spend for next year and various potential projects to improve the village, these included traffic calming, further kerbing, bus shelters, car parking bays, war memorial refurbishment and protection of the Village Green. They also noted the importance of completing current projects for which reserves are being held, in particular kerbing in Dark Lane.
o The PC noted the impact on precept that completing all these projects next year would have and the need to balance this against the desire to carry out overdue village infrastructure improvement work. It was agreed to set the Precept for 2017/18 at £32,000. ACTION: CLERK to return precept request of £32,000 and minute resolution as Item 7 on Agenda to AVDC (deadline Friday 20th January 2017).
o ACTION: RP to write up the agreed budget for next year for approval at the January PC meeting.
o Bus shelter works approved for January at an estimated cost of £1500 +VAT for the 2 bus shelters.
8. REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS ATTENDING MEETINGS AND OUTSIDE ORGANISATIONS
· The CLERK attended the Town and Parish Clerks Workshop which concentrated on local government reorganisation, what clerks would want from a new council and what would excellent look like.
· Councillor JH attended workshops on modernising local government and the role of parish councils in delivering unitary council services. JH reported that BCC are hoping for a decision in January on moving to a unitary authority. This would lead to less support from central government. There would be an opportunity for a new way of doing things as services are devolved.
9. PARISHIONERS QUESTION TIME
There were no questions.
10. ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
There were none.
11. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING in Chearsley Village Hall
· Monday 16th January 2017 at 7.30pm